Reporting a security issue
At Urban, we consider the security of our platform a top priority.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible.
Please do the following:
- E-mail your findings to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by submitting payments, downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data,
- Don’t reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved,
- Don’t use attacks on physical security, social engineering or denial of service, and
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within 3 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem,
- As a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we offer a reward for every report of a security problem that was not yet known to us. The amount of the reward will be determined based on the severity of the issue and the quality of the report. The minimum reward will be a £50/€50 gift certificate.